Opening Hours & Conduct of Library Users
· The library is open from 8:15am-5:30pm for normal school day. The opening hours are determined from time to time by the librarian in the light of demand for library use and staff availability.
· User are requires to treat the library environment and materials with respect.
· Silence and tidiness must be maintained inside the library.
· Schoolbags should be kept tidily at the storage area outside the library. Valuable Belongings (i.e. Purse & Mobile Phone) should not be left behind outside the library.
· Eating, drinking and the use of mobile phones are not permitted in the library.
· Books and magazines should be put back on the appropriate shelves according to the call numbers.
· Students must first register at the counter before using the computer.
Visual Aids (CD/ DVD)
Visual Aids (SBA)
Periodicals (Back Issue)
3 days and 2 nights
All library materials can be renewed ONCE on condition that there is no one requesting for the same item.
Borrowers are responsible for returning their loans on or before the due date.
Overdue Fine Rate
HK$0.5 per school day
HK$10 per school day
· All Reference books and Textbooks should only be read inside the library and cannot be borrowed.
(Call number marked with “R”)
Care of library materials
· Student should ensure that any library material borrowed is in good condition before leaving and returning to the library.
· Lost or damaged material must be reported at once to the library. Readers will be asked to replace a new one or subject to penalty charge.
Late Return Each Time
Add Book Review (Not Include Book Reviews Reply)
Delete Book Review
Book Review is being “Like”(Points will Keep Unchanged Even Though Your Book Review has been Edited or Deleted)
Book Review was Reported to be Blocked Successfully
Complete Reading Report on Time
Exemption for Late Submission
Book Report -
Check Out the Books From Reference Readings
Add Ass Friend (Each)
Log-in Every Day
Loan E-Resources (Each ACNO Only One Chance)
Loan E-Book (Each ACNO Only One Chance)
Reading Award Scheme
l All students are invited to join in the Award Scheme.
l To qualify for an award, you are required to read the following number of books and produce evidence of your reading:
Total number of books
All books are accepted, except comics.
1. Reading records can only be accumulated for one academic year. Students can show the reading records and evidence to Library Prefects in the School Library throughout the year, who will then put stamps on the application form of Reading Award Scheme. (The form can be downloaded from the website of the Reading and Thinking Enhancement Team.)
2. Students can hand in English Language or Chinese Language book report assignments / reading activity assignments as evidence of reading. If there is any doubt about the quality of reading evidence, the Head of Library Prefect / the Head of Reading Ambassadors and / or teachers from the Reading and Thinking Enhancement Team will make the final decision.
3. Students can submit book cover designs, bookmark designs and book reviews / book reports.
4. Application forms for both the Reading Award Scheme and Extensive Reading Award Scheme should be submitted to the School Library on the following dates. Late submission would not be entertained. Meanwhile, incomplete forms would not be accepted.
18-19 May 2017
16-17 May 2017
15 May 2017
24-25 January 2017
5. The prize for each award of Reading Award Scheme is as follow:
A certificate of recognition
A certificate of recognition and a book coupon ($100)
A certificate of recognition and a book coupon ($200)
6. Apart from seeking entry for the Reading Award Scheme, students are also encouraged to attain “Keen Reader Award” from the “Extensive Reading Award Scheme”. You can get the form from the School Library. A stamp will be put on the form upon your return of a book to the School Library or English Learning Centre. By the end of the scholastic year, a certificate of recognition will be given to those who have read 20 books or more. The deadlines of application are the same as those of Reading Award Scheme.
For the best viewing effect, we suggest using IE7.0 or above, and set the resolution to 1024 x 768.